menu


 

Kingfisher-experience 2011

The last few weeks I have spended several days observing a couple of kingfishers.
It's a place where they were breeding the last years, so I was hoping to see them again. And I did.
The first day I only saw a kingfisher female, but all the other days male and female were present.

Fish-transfer, caress, preparing the nest and even mating. All happens before my eyes.
I took a lot of pictures in wonderful daylight, that emphasized more and more the beauty of this bird.
Until the last day, I was hoping I could take shots of the climax: the mating. Unfortunately, they only mate on places too far away, or the light was to poor. Eventually, on the last day I was only able to make a film of this event.


Click HERE to see the photo's

And click HERE to see the movie of mating kingfishers

No comments:

Post a Comment